In 2019, Mexico was the United States’ top trade partner for the first time. With its two international vehicular bridges, rail bridge, and Foreign Trade Zone, Eagle Pass ranked as the nation's sixth most important gateway for U.S. trade with Mexico. Also in 2019, Eagle Pass set a record for total trade for the eighth time in the last 10 years. In all, Eagle Pass conducts $29.68 billion in trade with the world.
Eagle Pass Exports of Note
- Ranked first in the U.S. for exports of train and locomotive parts, including axles and wheels.
- Led nation for lactose and other sugar exports — fructose made up most of these exports.
- Ranked fifth for U.S. soybean exports in 2019.
- Ranked sixth nationally for corn exports.
Eagle Pass Imports of Note
- Ranked first in chemical reagents for the first time since 2016, supplanting Port of Los Angeles — largely styrenes used in plastics.
- Led the nation for commercial vehicle imports for the 11th straight year.
- Led the nation for beer imports for the 10th straight year.
- Ranked 8th nationally for imports of slacks but 5th for the subcategory of cotton pants.