Utility prices are lower than the national average in the City of Eagle Pass. Compared to the rest of the country, Eagle Pass's cost of living is 17.8% lower than the U.S. average, and its utility costs are lower too.
Eagle Pass Economic Development is available to help your business or industry find connections to the proper utilities. We are here to help you navigate the process at 830-773-1111.
City of Eagle Pass Water Works System
Providing affordable water and sewer for Eagle Pass residents. Visit https://www.epwaterworks.org or call 830-773-2351 for more information.
Texas State Natural Gas
Committed to providing safe, high quality natural gas services to the community, while maintaining a standard of excellence in customer service and environmental conservation. Visit https://txsng.net or call 830-757-0606 for more information.
Rio Grande Electric Cooperative
At over 35,000 square miles, RGEC has the largest service territory of any electric cooperative in the contiguous United States, serving 18 counties in Texas, including Maverick County, and two counties in New Mexico. Visit https://www.riogrande.coop or call 800-749-1509 for more information.
American Electric Power
AEP Texas, a unit of American Electric Power, delivers electricity to over one million electric meters, serving homes, businesses, and industries in south and west Texas. Visit https://www.aeptexas.com or call 877-373-4858 for more information.
Internet & Cable
High-speed broadband is available, including fiber-optic solutions.
The City of Eagle Pass has an automated system for garbage collections using garbage trucks equipped with a lifting mechanism to pick up the special containers provided by the City. Call 830-773-0679 for more information.
- What types of items can I place in my garbage collection containers?
- What kinds of things should not be placed in my garbage collection containers?
- What happens if I need another container or my garbage container is damaged, misplaced, or stolen?
Located at 1180 Eidson Road, Eagle Pass, TX. For more information call 830-773-5136.
- Drop-Off Center: Open to the public free of charge. There are approximately 600 bins placed throughout our community that are picked up at least once a month.
- Used Oil Recycling Center: Open to citizens of Eagle Pass and Maverick County free of charge. Two 500-gallon tanks are set up at the Public Works yard. An oil filter crusher has also been installed at the Public Works yard. All crushed filters are sold as scrap metal.
Located at 123 State Highway 131, Quemado, TX, this Type IV landfill site is no charge for city residents provided they present a Texas Driver's License or State of Texas-issued identification form that shows the same address as the Eagle Pass Water Works System bill showing payment of garbage fees. More information about regulations and fees for noncommercial and commercial vehicles can be found here.